Accessibility on Hamlyn Symposium website
This statement applies to content published on the main Imperial domain www.hamlynsymposium.org. It does not apply to content accessed via other domains/sub domain etc..
For other web addresses you should refer to the accessibility statement for that domain or sub domain.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
- Resize to the size of your window, and display a readable text size whichever device you are using
- Zoom in up to 175% without the text spilling off the screen
If you wish to make use of the accessible features of this site AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible the website is
We know some of this content may not be fully accessible, for example:
- Many PDFs and other documents are not fully compatible with screen readers
- Most video content does not have captions, transcriptions or audio descriptions
- some tables do not have row headers
- some pages have poor colour contrast
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
What we do about known issues
We work to achieve and maintain WCAG 2.1 AA standards, but it is not always possible for all our content to be accessible. Where content is not accessible, we will state a reason, warn users and offer alternatives.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Hamlyn Symposium is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the known issues listed below.
Non accessible content
Hamlyn Symposium is currently carrying out accessibility testing on different aspects of the website. Once this is complete, we will update this section with any areas of the website which do not meet accessibility standards.
The content that is not accessible is outlined with details of:
- where it fails the success criteria
- planned dates for when issues will be fixed
Some documents and content are exempt from the regulations (such as live video content and PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services), so we do not currently have any plans to make them accessible. But if you need to access information in one of these document types, you can contact us and ask for an alternative format
Reporting accessibility issues
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille or if you find any accessibility issues not listed on this page then please contact Marianne Knight.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within seven days.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
How we test this website
This website is currently being tested for accessibility compliance, and these tests are being carried out internally.
This statement was prepared on 16th April 2021.